February 1 - 5, 2021 is "National School Counseling Week" and the Guy-Perkins School District would like to recognize Penny Howard (Elementary School) and Stacey Ralls (High School) for their tireless dedication to the needs of our students and staff. Here are just a few things that our counselors do for the district:
- Listen to students’ concerns about academic, emotional or social problems
- Help students process their problems and plan goals and action
- Prepare schedules for students and monitor progress for all of them as per graduation requirement.
- Mediate conflict between students and teachers
- Improve parent/teacher relationships
- Assist with college applications, jobs and scholarships
- And so many more!
Guy-Perkins appreciates its counselors!